A Guide to Gothic, Industrial, E.B.M., Dark Electronic, Cyber, Post-Punk, New-Wave related music from Australia & New Zealand. Over 100 artists listed on this page.
Jump-links: Artist 'Full Pages' list -- 'Big 'To Do' list with links -- Radioshows & Podcasts
Around 200 artists are listed below with links to sites, songs & video.
Sections: i) 30 Full page Artist Profiles - ii) Links for 150+ artists - iii) Links for record labels & radio - iv) NEW: Cinema, Movies, Films (200+)
Including styles like: industrial, goth rock, post-punk, new-wave, electro-industrial, electronic body music (EBM), dark wave, pre-punk glam rock, cybergoth, cyberpunk, industrial-metal, electro-punk, synthpunk, noise, deathrock, dark alternative pop-rock, new romantic, dark ambient, horrorpunk, coldwave, dark electro, dark electronic music, dark synthpop, elektro, hellectro, aggrotech, breakcore, darkcore, darkstep & so on. Guide compiled by: DJ Robot Citizen (refer to bottom of page) commencing in late 2012; inspired by northern adventures with A Midnight Sun ;)... Average number of visitors per month = 3000; happy to know others are enjoying this too . . . like the page on facebook & know about updates :-) If you'd like your work to be considered for inclusion on this site send a message via that FB page.
= = = = = = = =
i) Full Page Profiles - in chronological order; each page includes videos & songs:
- Split Enz - Formed 1972; from early art-rock they eventually topped the charts in several countries with albums & dark romantic new wave singles like I Got You, One Step Ahead & Dirty Creature; their striking visual styles incorporated cabaret, vaudeville, glam, new romantic and a black & white gothic punk look many years before, it seems, anyone else did.
- Skyhooks - Formed 1973; ground-breaking local pioneers of pre-punk glam rock; combined with theatrical costumes, daringly camp personas, humorous social commentary on numerous taboo topics; several number 1 albums & singles... (alongside ACDC) they are perhaps Australia's most important and influential early rock band.
- The Boys Next Door - Formed 1976; pioneers of post-punk-pop gothic rock; after an album and EP they changed named to become the much wilder Birthday Party which later led to Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds & other groups.
- The Reels - Formed 1976; best known for their ethereal version of Bad Moon Rising and the haunting melancholia of Quasimodo's Dream (with its gothic cinematic video clip) selected as one of the top 10 Australian songs of all time.
- Mi-Sex - Formed 1977; post-punk new wave rock band who featured prominent electronics, futuristic dystopian themes with heavy beats; a precursor to 'cyberpunk industrial dance rock' that came many years later; Computer Games reached no. 1 in Australia, no. 2 in Los Angeles & Canada; charting in 20 nations. Other hits include
People, But you don't care & Space Race.
- S.P.K. - Formed 1978; one of the earliest, most extreme and influential industrial noise projects; later explored ebm, goth, electro-industrial-dance-pop and dark ambient-cinematic-musique-concrete; a member later went on to a very successful career composing Hollywood movie soundtracks.
- Models - Formed 1978; post-punk alternative electronic rock group; topped the pop-charts in mid-80s but prior to that they were wearing industrial-combat style and make-up in industrial-themed videos with an innovative blend of angsty electronic-industrial-ebm-funk music (a good six years before, say, Nine Inch Nails starting doing something similar in the USA).
- The Scientists - Formed 1978; well known in Europe, the USA and locally these pioneers of murky post-punk swamp-rock were a major inspiration on the later waves of international grunge rock. The song We had love was re-popularised in the 2008 film RockNRolla.
- Severed Heads - Formed 1979; highly influential vanguard project of industrial, electronic body music (ebm), techno-house-electro-glitch-dance-pop, musique-concrete, noise, ambient & computer video synthesis (VJ'ing). More than a dozen albums over the 20+ years. Perhaps best known for the sinister dance hit Dead Eyes Opened.
- The Church - Formed 1980; pioneers of neo-psychedelic-new-wave-goth-rock. A sound and style that became very popular with a later wave of British goth bands like The Cult, Sisters of Mercy and The Mission. The Church had numerous top 40 hits in Australia, USA and Europe.
- The Divinyls - Formed 1980; this post-punk new wave rock band had a top 10 hit in the USA, UK and many reached the top 40 in Australia. Chrissy Amphlett was one of the most striking and provocative women in rock music history with her husky siren voice, schoolgirl outfits and punk attitude.
- Dead Can Dance - Formed 1981; very influential world-renowned band has ventured from ethereal gothic dark wave electro into medieval, rennaissance music and a wide range of percussive world music and ambient; toured the world many times and topped relevant music charts.
- Foetus (aka JG Thirlwell, Venture Bros cartoons, Steroid Maximus, Clint Ruin, Wiseblood etc.) - Formed 1980; an icon of industrial music with over 30 releases & still going through a wide range of industrial, demented-electro, avant-gard-jazz and cinematic music; also involved with iconic industrial groups like Coil & remixed many artists including Nine Inch Nails, Front 242 & Marilyn Manson.
- The Birthday Party - changed name from The Boys Next Door in 1980; considered one of the most exciting & innovative groups in post-punk music - a maniacally intense mix of fiery gothic-punk-rock and industrial-no-wave-blues-noise - their influence has been widespread; released several albums; toured the UK, Europe & Australia numerous times.
- Christian Death - as fronted by Australian-born'n'raised Valor Kand; C.D. is often considered to be the founding group of deathrock (American goth rock) music. Valor joined in 1983 and in 1985 became the project's leader, vocalist and composer, through to the present day; releasing many albums and touring internationally.
- Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - from the ashes of The Birthday Party (Boys Next Door) they've released more than a dozen albums over 25 years, toured the world multiple times, won many music awards and become very well known. With a career spanning 30 years Nick Cave is probably the most successful, best known, longest-producing artist who came out of the post-punk goth-rock genre.
- Died Pretty - Formed 1983; from impassioned, tortured, bluesy post-punk gothic rock to later indie-pop-rock. Several albums that charted in Australia and Europe; toured extensively until mid '90s with a few reunions more recently.
- The Wreckery - Formed 1984; from upbeat bluesy-goth-rockers full of fire through to intense gothic ballads full of drama and passion. Members also played with Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds. Both acts came out of the Melbourne/Berlin scenes that were characterised by drugs and damaged, doomy, bluesy gothic sounds.
- Snog - Formed 1989; became well-known in 1992 with several electro-industrial-club hits; released many albums and still going; toured internationally; styles include electro-industrial, dark trip-hop electronica and no-wave.
- EYE - Formed 1991; explorers of cyberpunk-industrial-electroclash-EBM-darkwave-witch-house-cybergoth-glitch-hop-powernoise-rock; numerous independent albums; most popular on national radio around 1998-2004 with several controversial political songs of post-industrial 'information-music for an information age'; some extensively sampled and re-constructed local politicians.
- Soulscraper - Formed 1991; cyberpunk-electro-industrial-techno-rock; 2 EP CDs; national radio; toured with some popular UK acts.
- Tedium (TDM) - Formed 1993; independent DIY; 3 albums; began as an experimental industrial performance-art troupe, then electro-goth-industrial, on to refined acoustic-electronica-rock; popular on local and national alternative radio in the early '00s.
- Insurge - Formed 1993; 2 albums and numerous EPs of political industrial-punk-rock; signed to a major label; received a lot of radio airplay on the national Triple J station; toured constantly and at many festivals.
- Black Lung - Formed 1994; well-known offshoot from Snog to showcase the instrumental electro-industrial-acid, intelligent dance music (IDM) and dark-ambient made by David Thrussell; around 20 CDs.
- Jerk - Formed 2000; industrial-nu-metal-heavy-rock; played live with Marilyn Manson, Disturbed, Insane Clown Posse and Killing Joke; EP, album and 4 videos; producer worked with Guns N' Roses, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Slayer and System of a Down.
- Cut Copy - Formed 2001; melancholic and romantic 'indietronica dancepunk' synthpop; albums charted at 1 & 3; toured in the USA several times and received many millions of views on youtube.
- The Presets - Formed 2003; they became very successful reaching the top of the album charts with extensive mainstream radio and club airplay, winning many music industry awards with music that is strongly influenced by EBM (electronic body music), electro-industrial, synth-punk, synthpop and electroclash.
- Midnight Juggernauts - Formed 2004; several albums; they've toured the world with an eclectic unique combination of electro-punk, synth-rock, psychedelic-ebm-industrial, prog-rock and french-electro-disco-house.
- Angelspit - Formed 2004; a duo making abrasive electronic-industrial-cyberpunk; they've built a large fanbase with numerous albums and tours of Europe, North America and Australia.
- Shiv-R - Formed 2008; heavy-electro-cyber-industrial-ebm; several albums & EPs; toured extensively with international artists and at esteemed dark-music festivals in Australia, Europe and North America.
- Empire of the Sun - Formed 2008; very successful with new-wave dark-synthpop-electro-rock; youtube videos have 30,000,000+ views; reached number 1 in German charts, top 10 & top 40 in many countries; debut album went platinum/gold.
- Viral Millenium - Formed 2008; cyber-industrial-gothic-metal; their heavy doom cover of Lady Gaga's Paparazzi went viral on youtube; played live with many touring artists; several videos released; big plans for the future.
SEE BELOW for a list with links for over 150 more projects.
>> page of image banners for this website <<
ii) 2013 'Big To Do List': other great artists to check out - as time permits many of these will also be featured with pages on this site. In no particular order... except that as of 2013-Oct I started adding the newest listings to the top of this list:
- Wax Audio - 2004-on: industrial hip-hop electronica mashups - facebook - has had over 10,000,000 plays on YouTube for pop-song mashups but the real (original) art made by Wax Audio are the earlier political mashup albums:
Weapons of Mass Destruction… And Other Distractions (2004) - Mediacracy (2005)
- Orbis Tertius - 2012-on: no-wave nu-folk dark gypsy rock - facebook -
soundcloud - sample track: zeno's paradox - intoxication song (live)
- Kollaps - 2013-on: no-wave, industrial-noise-rock; on facebook - sample tunes:
the garden (live) - meadows (live)
- Sounds Like Winter - 2013-on: darkwave, dark alternative music; on facebook - on soundcloud; sample tunes:
the dark - there is a girl
- Minorarc - 2010-now: darkwave electronica - facebook - on soundcloud - on bandcamp: sample tunes:
end point - teare - grey
- Disjecta Membra (NZ) - 1993-now: gothic rock - facebook - on bandcamp: sample tunes:
skin trade - (candlemas) cauldron of cerridwen
- Maximum Sexy Pigeon - 2004-now: industrial metal rock - facebook - myspace - on soundcloud sample tunes:
headkick - mindless life siphon
- C2 & Control.org (NZ) - from mid '90s-now - 2 sibling projects of "electronic music giving a nod to industrial, noise, ebm, techno, house, synthpop" (C2 is the more abrasive) -
albums on bandcamp: a few sample tracks from 2013:
C2 'suffering' - C2 'scream in the mirror'
- facebook - soundcloud - youtube: C2 'crowd control' - Control.org 'prophetic' -
C2: short promo clip for new 2013 album 'quadrants...'
- Psych Carni - 1991-now: industrial darkwave - a sound/multi-media collective based in Australia, LA & Tokyo; collaborated with Devo, Snog/Black Lung & upcoming projects with Models and Boyd Rice (NON) - some youtube clips: ghost squads (2010) - scalpels, saws & bedpans (2013) - razor express (2013) - tokyo girls (2013) - portrait of a rock band (1993 documentary) - on soundcloud
- T.K. Bollinger - 00s-now: 'sadcore' minimal gothic-blues with crooning vocals, guitar & harmonica; veteran of underground music projects like The Stinking Badger of Java - Bollinger's: bandcamp & facebook
- DarkC3ll - 2010-on: nu-metal industrial horror rock - 'Having shared the stage with Static-X, Wednesday 13, Combichrist, Hanzel und Gretel and Genitorturers, DARKC3LL are known for putting on a show that will keep audiences hooked from beginning to end.' Youtube: exorcist - hate anthem - six hundred & six six - psycho - lost my mind [in america]
- Ladyhawke - 2007-now: new-wave synthpop indie-rock - from New Zealand with a lengthy period of years in Australia and the UK; she won two awards at the Australian ARIA Music Awards in 2009 - wikipedia - facebook - youtube: magic - my delerium - paris is burning - black white & blue - sunday drive - dusk til dawn - back of the van - blue eyes - black white & blue (basement 'acoustic' session) - singing on PNAU's 2008 epic club-hit - embrace
- Abre Ojos - 2006-now: dark ambient industrial musique concrete - 'Combining vintage analogue electronics with 21st century digital technology ... using sacred geometric animations and audio frequencies' - facebook - vimeo video channel - examples: falling suns, dying stars - the power of lead - enough evil deeds - their unfailing test
- Ikon - '90s-to-now, darkwave gothic rock; popular in Europe - wikipedia - myspace - youtube: azkadelia - where do i go from here - a line on a dark day - a heartless soul - subversion III - on the trail of tears (See also Jerusalem Syndrome on this page, being a side-project)
- Sparkadia - 2004-now - popular on national alternative radio 2010 on; melancholic goth-flavoured indie new wave - wikipedia - youtube: Talking Like I'm Falling Down Stairs - China - Animals - Mary - Love less love - Jealousy - Too much to do - fade from view
- Forces - 2011-now: darkwave futurepop - bandcamp - youtube: overland (in my mind) - world in focus
- Razorfade - late-'00s-now - gothic dark wave - featuring Mark Tansley (previously of UK goth group Suspiria) & vocalist Clifford Ennis from Subterfuge, Ikon & Jerusalem Syndrome (see elsewhere on this page for tracks by all those) - facebook - youtube: chemical distraction - liberation - clear shining - walking on water - the razor fades
- Real Life - 80s new wave synth-pop went top 10 in many countries; number 1 in Germany and elsewhere - wikipedia - youtube: send me an angel (1983) - catch me i'm falling - face to face - send me an angel '89
- Hunters & Collectors - their early 80s post-punk industrial gothic new wave rock - wikipedia - youtube: Talking to a Stranger - Lumps of Lead - Eggheart - Judas Sheep - Run Run Run - Alligator Engine - World of Stone - Sway - Skin of our Teeth - Scream Who
- [ Cell 7 ] - '98-now: dark-wave-electro-industrial-IDM - album on bandcamp - wikipedia - on youtube: red - sever - fragility - oliver - tesla - the reason
- Crime & the City Solution - 80s-90s, touring 2013; well-known in Europe; includes members from The Birthday Party - wikipedia - youtube: i have the gun - 6 bells chime (in berlin movie) - the shadow of no man - dolphins & the sharks
- Rowland S Howard - after leaving The Birthday Party and Crime & the City Solution:
- These Immortal Souls - mid-80s-90s gothic-dark-rock - wikipedia - youtube: marry me (lie! lie!) - i ate the knife &
- Rowland S Howard solo - 90s-00s - wikipedia - youtube: autoluminescent - dead radio - pop crimes
- Solaris - 2011-on: aggrotech electro-industrial harsh ebm - reverbnation - facebook - bandcamp - youtube: revenge - diabolique - sawn in two - carnival of souls - grim flesh
- Flowers aka. Icehouse - early 80s post-punk new wave new romantic - youtube: love in motion - hey little girl - can't help myself - we can get together - great southern land - walls - the entire classic first 1980 album
- Def FX - '90s cyber-industrial-dance-rock - youtube: surfers of mind (12" water mix) - no time for nowhere - we are now - live on TV 1991 - sex game sucker
- Brillig - '00s-now - dark-folk-gypsy-shanties & earlier some new-wave gothic - myspace - youtube: the hearse song - pterodactyls - the old captain
- Subterfuge - '90s gothic darkwave - myspace - youtube: judas in me - darkland awakening - pre-dawn hours - a prayer for the kindred (demo) - curses
- Fate Æffect - 2009-on: 'esoteric experimental electronica' IDM glitch-hop - facebook - bandcamp example: mind what you think - soundcloud examples: shit take eat away - boosted - room 3217, lasseters hotel, alice springs
- Kirin J Callinan - 2010-now: blues-gothic no wave - facebook - youtube: mines tonight - embracism
- Noir du'Soleil - late-00s cybergoth - youtube: guilt - broken arms - nightmare - hyper aesthesia
- Mystral Tide - 00s neoclassical gothic dark electronica - unearthed site - youtube: As the wreath falls
- Night Terror Recordings - 00s-now - industrial power noise, darkcore, breakcore, heavy electronics, doomcore - soundcloud - eg:
- Necrarch - youtube: Absence of Light
- Matt Bleak - youtube: Broken economics
- Mental D-struction - youtube: They come - Back to the idealism - Hyperdimensional
- Mothball Z, Antraxid, Noistruct & others.
- Death in June - 80s-now dark-neo-folk-goth - relocated from UK to Australia in early 00s. youtube: she said destroy - the calling (mk2) - come before christ & murder love - all pigs must die - break the black ice - fall apart - live in moscow '11 - runes & men (live sydney '11)
- Studio-X - 00s-now cybergoth-hardstyle-house - youtube - you'll never get this (borat song) - search & destroy
- Midnight Oil - late 70s-early 80s post-punk new wave rock years; one of the most popular Australian bands in history they explored/exposed the darker parts of the human psyche (social injustices and the emotional results of it) like few others; and one of the first bands to blend electronics with punk rock into cutting edge industrial-rock music eg. 1982 album '10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1' - wikipedia - youtube: Short Memory - Outside World - Only the Strong (live) - Scream in Blue - US Forces - Power & the Passion - Maralinga - Redneck wonderland - Read About it - Armistice Day - Harrisburg - Jimmy Sharman's Boxers - When the General's Talk - Lucky Country - Dead Heart - Best of both worlds - Beds are Burning + live at the 2000 Olympics - Concrete - Tin Legs and Tin Mines - Somebody's trying to tell me something
- Redcoats - contemporary goth-influenced psychedelic heavy rock - youtube: giants - dreamshaker - evergreen - rainbow lips - raven
- Peril - 90s avant garde industrial electronics - youtube: exchange rate
- Headless Chickens (NZ) - 80s-90s alternative post-punk new wave rock with an industrial edge; youtube: gas krankin station - cruise control - donde esta La pollo
- Underground Lovers - '90s dark shoegazer rock; reformed 2011 - youtube: eastside stories - i was right - holiday - your eyes - promenade - au pair (2013)
- Shinjuku Thief - 90s dark ambient ethereal cinematic - youtube: smell of nightfall - witch hunter - komachi ruins - year of silence
- The Baroness & Love Lies Bleeding - 90s-00s dark wave gothic electronic dance with menacing female goth vocals - youtube: Evil and I know the darkness. They subsequently produced music under the name Opera Macabre - their myspace
- Beltane - '90s-'00s independent darkwave gothic band with female vocals - on youtube: Spell of Harmony - Kinship; vocalist Karina's later projects include:
All the Leaves Have Fallen - 2010-on downtempo-gothic-doom at reverbnation; and 2013 project Infortunium, ambient-ethereal-goth-metal on reverbnation
- Koil Statik (NZ) - 00s-now electro-industrial darkstep - soundcloud
- Scattered Order - 1979-mid80s; reformed 2011; post-punk industrial ambient noise - wikipedia - youtube: the galaxy is dead - tost rust host - sheer (severed heads club remix) - slot car synth - absolute moral icepools - heat - anewsong - where to land
- Mynor Star (NZ) - 2007-on goth-grunge-rock - facebook - youtube: three times a charm - underground (live) - beneath the see (live)
- Bitch Brigade - late-00s ebm-synthpop - myspace - youtube: licky the carnivorous pony - run - bubblegum cyber
- Ollie Wisdom - organiser of the infamous Batcave U.K. gothic nightclub of the early 80s, vocalist of Specimen (active 1982-86, 1997, 2007-2013 making goth-glam-rock and later electro-industrial) he resided in Australia for a long time in the '90s-'00s making Space Tribe psytrance).
- Darkness Visible - 90s-current goth horror deathrock psychobilly - myspace - soundcloud - youtube: Flesh (live '08) - Darkness Visible - I, Nehemia - interview '08 - monster mash (live '08) - interview '08
- Death Cult Massive - 00s-now industrial-glitch-noise - myspace - youtube: the virus - falling - lost in the nightmare - rights of passage
- bastich - 00s-now - industrial-metal - myspace
- Bat Nouveau (originally known as 13 Bats) - '08-now - gothic death rock - bandcamp page - myspace - youtube: the cry - portent of a monster - dust - wasted wreckage (live '12)
- Se7in - 2012-on: 'Se7in's music straddles a wide range of genres including alternative rock, electro, industrial rock, alternative metal, industrial metal' - facebook - reverbnation
- Horrorwood Mannequins - 2005-on goth-horror-punk - myspace - facebook - youtube: sound of a strip bar (2008)
- Kohllapse - 00s gothic-doom-metal - wiki - youtube: self-infliction - an end to pain - contort
- Diablo Negro - 00s industrial powernoise - youtube: dead can see - new ascendance
- Voodoo Lovecats - 90s-00s horror glam punk - myspace - youtube: that's what i believe - knife or gun
- Static Icon - 90s industrial-dance-synthpop - youtube: it's a lifestyle - institution - taste the pain
- Ragewar - mid-90s electro-industrial-rock - myspace - key member went on to Psyburbia & Sunsaria another went on to Sobriquet:
- Psyburbia - late-90s-00s dark acid-dub post-industrial electronica - myspace - evolved into:
- Sunsaria - '00s-now - dark acid dub ambient downtempo electronica - youtube: interstellar dub creation - carmageddon - australien - deep space blues
- Sobriquet - 90s-00s goth-electronica - soundcloud - myspace - youtube: friday mornings - not everything i believe is true - is this your first time? - people don't go out to clubs to get laid - key member is also in The Crystalline Effect.
- Lubricated Goat - 80s pre-grunge-industrial-noise-rock - wikipedia - youtube: in the raw (live naked on TV) - beyond the grave - meating my head & 20th century rake - thing of need (live) - heads are gonna roll (live)
- Babyshakers - 99-03 goth-flavoured all-fem punk rock - myspace
- Discordia - 90s industrial-rock-metal - youtube: living dead - impact - oblivious
- Single Gun Theory - 90s world-music-flavoured EBM-goth-industrial-pop - myspace - youtube: open the skies - i am what i see - from a million miles -
- The Dukes of Windsor - late-00 ebm-industrial-flavoured pop-rock - youtube: the others (tv rock club mix) - refuse (live) - it's a war - get it
- Crystalline Effect - 00s dark wave dance; members from Sobriquet and Shiv-R - youtube: when you're asleep - hypothermia - why do i hate myself
- Sterile - 90s industrial-metal - youtube: control - cold - corporate state - youtube album 'cold dark noise'
- Distant Locust - 80s industrial grunge - youtube: i feel love - fearful pleasure
- Angel Theory - 2002 on - darkwave-cybergoth-dance - myspace - youtube: save our souls - breathe - damaged
- Beastianity - 90s-00s dark-neo-folk-pagan-goth-industrial-noise - youtube: road to hel - skull sky dome - between the rows (live) - sunsong - kiss the goat
- Ostia - '90s band etheral indie-gothic with fem vox - myspace - youtube: everyday devils and angels - anathema - strange birds - remnants of eden - active in 2010s making similar music as Friends of Alice Ivy - youtube: summerland meadows
- Concord Dawn - early dark drum & bass from NZ - wikipedia - youtube: Styx (2000) - soundcloud
- Resurrection Eve - early-00s darkwave-cybergoth - myspace - youtube: embrace - if i could - spinning sideways
- Crimson Boy / Fate Razor / Slow Pulse Orchestra / There She is She Likes to Ride - '90s electro goth industrial cyberpunk ebm - soundcloud - myspace
- Hieronymus Bosch (NZ) - 85-now industrial gothic experimental soundscapes - wikipedia - youtube: St Veronica's Veil ('97) - the Hour of Death
- Corpulence on the Catwalk - 00s-now synthwave - myspace
- Dogmachine - mid-90s electro-industrial - youtube: headwound - fetish
- Hoodlum Priest (Derek Thompson ex. SPK) 90s electro-industrial - wikipedia - youtube: cop killer - talk dirty - tyrell
- Dark Violence of Beauty - 90s-00s gothabilly goth-rock - facebook - myspace
- Boxcar - late-80s new-wave-electro-synthpop - youtube: insect - gas stop (who do you think you are)
- Meridian - 90s goth-rock band - myspace - youtube: dreams unveiled - revelations in black - wail & weep
- Muscles - 00s electro-ebm-pop - youtube: ice cream - sweaty
- Nasenbluten - 1993-2001: 'digital lo-fi with a punk aesthetic' - bandcamp - youtube: concrete compressor - intellectual killer - acid attack
- The Jesus Cleaver - 2001-current - dark alternative - youtube: Mercy
- Dark Network - 90s dark sinister acid house electro-industrial - myspace: 1: 'she dismembers' - the earliest more industrial uptempo music - 2: later ambient acid-dub music ... a founding member went on to this downtempo dark electronica project Through the Ice - myspace
- Familia - 00s-now horror-glam-rock - myspace
- X - late-70s seminal punk band - wikipedia - youtube: suck suck (succeed) - mother - present - lipstick dipstick
- Dandelion Wine - 00s-now ethereal acoustic/electronic band combining old world instruments with cranked guitars and electronic beats: youtube channel
- Ash Wednesday (Einsturzende Neubauten, Models, the Metronomes - A Circuit Like Me; Crashland, Modern Jazz, )
- Tycho Brae - 1993-now - synthpop new wave electro rock - youtube: sex rocket - avarice
- Puzahki - 2002-on: started making manic breakcore jungle (digital hardcore and moved into instrumental hip-hop and dubstep - facebook - soundcloud (seems to lack the relevant early music) - last fm
- Virus X (Ian Vaughan) - 90s-now industrial-prog-goth-rock - soundcloud
- Inflatable Voodoo Dolls - 00s melancholy electronica - myspace - youtube: the samurai of stanmore
- Dead Inside the Chrysalis - 00s electropunk-synthrock - wikipedia - youtube: future shock - poison - acid night at the prom - members have gone on to a project called Dedderz.
- Lux Voltaire - 00s cybergoth dark electronica - myspace
- Storm & Serenity - 00s - goth-metal-industrial - youtube
- Zen Paradox (Steve Law) - 90s-now experimental post-industrial IDM - myspace
- Box the Jesuit - 80s goth-punk - youtube: three cheers for the pancreas - sniffing at the tailpipes of hell
- Cabaret Voltaire - late-70s-90s UK industrial EBM electronic group; founding member Stephen Mallinder resided in West Australia for a decade or so; he was also member of Acid Horse and Sassi & Loco.
- N.U.T.E. (NUTE) (NZ) - late-00s industrial-goth-rock - youtube: Trippin - Ghost of the 80s
- The Mercy Cage (NZ) - mid-00s darkwave-dance - youtube: hymn - (a)=arcsin
- The Skeptics (NZ) - '79-90 - wikipedia
- Nocturnal Projections (NZ) - 81-83 post-punk - wikipedia
- Hatchet Dawn - 2007- heavy horror-goth-metal-rock - reverbnation - facebook - youtube: dark symmetry
- Blast Radius - links coming soon
- Eschaton Hive - links coming soon
- This Gentle Flow - '00s post-goth-doom rock to ambient noise - myspace - youtube: this cage - black 6
- Left As In Sinister - record label - myspace
- Dr Kevorkian & the Suicide Machine (NZ)
- Children's House (NZ)
- Winterland (NZ)
- Foil - 90s industrial rock
- Halo - 90s-00s - heavy sludge industrial noise
- A Beautiful Machine - 90s-00s psychedelic shoegazer goth
- Glass - 90s-00s musique concrete
- Control - early 90s EBM.
- Spine of God - mid-90s industrial-rock - discog listing
- Voiteck - 90s glitchy-industrial-tech-house
- Graveyard Rockstars - '10s horrorpunk project
- ... among others
iii) But wait! There's more:
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~