Record Labels - based in Australia and NZ that have released & promoted genre-relevant local artists:
- For additional insight into the history of relevant record labels see the page with a list of Various Artist Compilation Albums.
- Au Go Go - wikipedia - Formed in 1979 as a label it became a Melbourne record store from 1987 to 2003. Through the '80s and '90s they released many key post-punk, new wave and pre-grunge artists including some featured on this site such as The Scientists.
- Blatant Propaganda Records - operating from an underground D.I.Y. punk aesthetic the record label has:
~ released numerous various artist Compilation CDs including "A.S.I.N.G.E.D. - Australian Synthpop Industrial Noise Gothic Electronica Darkwave";
~ produced & distributed numerous albums on cassette, CD & CDR by artists such as EYE (& siblings: e.l.f., ELF, DJ Citizen, aya), plus Dark Network, SysX, TDM, Whiteplan, Non Bossy Posse, & Organarchy Sound Systems, among others.
~ Genres covered on the releases: industrial, darkwave, electro-punk-rock, synthpunk, synthpop, cyberpunk, goth, electronic body music (EBM), dark-indie-punk-rock, power-pop, political-hip-hop-rap, dark electronic dance music (EDM), witch-house, glitch-hop, grave-wave, intelligent dance music (IDM), dark ambient & musique concrete; mostly by independent Australian bands/artists/projects/producers.)
As well as:
~ produced hundreds of Radio-Shows regularly promoting underground self-released artists;
~ distributed thousands of copies of 'zines with music reviews of mostly self-released underground artists and grand doses of "blatant propaganda".
- Blind Mice Productions - established 2014 by the members of Shiv-r, releasing artists via BandCamp including: The Crystalline Effect, Snuff & several international acts - on BandCamp - on SoundCloud
- Bloody Fist Records - "Underground hardcore electronic music record label that existed in Newcastle, Australia between the years of 1994-2004. Rough, uncompromising digital lo-fi records with a punk aesthetic" - on bandcamp - artists include Nasenbluten, DJ Mark N, Fraughman, Embolism, Hedonist, Syndicate, Overcast, Memetic.
- Citadel Records - Formed in the early '80s and most active into the '90s with a still existing mail order service they released many key post-punk and pre-grunge artists including some featured on this site such as Died Pretty and The Wreckery.
- Clan Analogue - Formed in the early '90s this large collective produces a wide variety of electronic music based in using analogue synthesisers; releasing many CDs featuring dozens of artists many of whom explore the darker terrains of music. On facebook
- Cranial Fracture Recordings - Formed in the early '00s has released numerous albums, EPs and compilations of Australian and international artists.
- Dawn Industry label & collective - '00s-now: promoting underground self-produced darkwave-industrial-flavoured electronic-based artists. Artists include: Minorarc, Mystral Tide, Cassandra's Myth, Alternate Parallel Reality, Nigel J Moore, Oxygen, Sarcophony, Gordon Taylor (DJ infectious Unease & Noir Corps). Has released 3 compilation CDs of various artists.
- Dual Plover - Founded 1995 releasing many artists of often lo-fi experimental avant garde industrial post-punk musique concrete. Artists include Lucas Abela, Captain Ahab, Toxic Lipstick, Suicidal Rap Orgy.
- Ground Under Productions - Active 1999-2009: predominantly an online store that imported overseas releases they also released albums by local artists Stark, Sobriquet, Tankt, Angel Theory and Resurrection Eve.
- Heartland Records - A traditional record store in Melbourne city they import overseas releases for these genres but have also released some local artists particularly on several compilation CDs in the 1990s titled Dark & starry eyed they were.
- Left As In Sinister - A label focused on the projects involving musician Valerios Calocerinos including Ikon, Lemon Avenue, Meridian & This Gentle Flow.
- Modular - home to Presets, Cut Copy, Ladyhawke and many others.
- Missing Link - wikipedia - Formed 1977 they released many key punk post-punk and new wave artists including The Flying Lizards, the Go Betweens, the Laughing Clowns and the band that launched Nick Cave's career: Boys Next Door who later changed name to The Birthday Party.
- Night Terror Recordings - 00s-now: industrial power noise, doomcore techno, darkcore, breakcore, heavy electronics, drum & bass - soundcloud - artists include: Matt Bleak, Noistruct, Necrarch, Mental D-struction, Mothball Z and Antraxid; mostly Australian with some internationals.
- New Weird Australia - late 00s-now: a radioshow & very active internet record label of experimental eclectic music in the tradition of early industrial, musique concrete, avant garde and a variety of electronic music genres.
- Peril Underground Records - a traditional store of music records & alt-scene clothing they import overseas releases for these genres but have also released or otherwise supported local artists - facebook
- Siberia Records - home to Midnight Juggernauts, Forces and others.
- System Corrupt - active from around 2000 to the 2006: a large collective who put on underground parties focused on hardcore powernoise industrial and pop-dance music mashups - discography of releases - youtube: webvideo sampler of music from 2002 compilation - Toecutter - Fraughman - Diablo Negro - Maladroit - Al Corrupt - Other artists include: 7u?, DJ Zeitgeist, main$tream, MC bushpig.
- Xperiment XIII - founded 2012 an online store that imports overseas releases for these genres - facebook.
= = = = =